Powered by Blogger.

My thoughts do create my reality (and it's not always good)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011


I do believe that our thoughts create our reality.    For me, I usually try to make my thoughts positive in order to ensure a more positive outcome.   Last night when I was tired, I forgot that negative thoughts creative negative outcomes.  Today I was clearly reminded that they do.

What happened at our house was this:  after attending their weekly Scouts and church youth activities, the children arrived home late.  The minute the two younger boys walked in the door from the Church, I was on their case to hurry to bed but they did not.  It took them far too long to get in gear and get to bed.  This mother was not pleased.  She kept repeating, “If you don’t hurry up, you will be grouchy in the morning and I don't want a rotten morning.”   After a late bedtime on Halloween the night before, the boys went to bed REALLY late, for the second night in a row and I just knew what was in store.

What happened in the morning?  A self-fulfilling prophecy:  both boys were grouchy just like I expected them to be and this translated into one of our most difficult mornings of the school year.  I was frustrated, they were frustrated.  One child left for school refusing to eat his breakfast and the other refusing to take his band instrument to school for his weekly music lesson.  As for me, I did not handle the whole thing well at all (I was tired too!).

After the bus picked them up and drove away, I realized that what showed up for me was exactly what I expected: a frustrating morning.   But I got the lesson that showed up with the challenges.  I recognized the smack on the head, the reminder that I could have created something different.  It was good lesson for me.  Tomorrow will be different, better.  I am so glad I can go to sleep tonight and start again tomorrow.   There is great hope in that rising sun, that fresh start and that chance to create something better.  Blessed be the new day.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP