Powered by Blogger.

I Can't Live Without My Walnuts

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Until I started doing The Dragon's Way ®  program I enjoyed WALNUTS but I didn't go out of my way to eat them.  Since then, I have learned that WALNUTS are an incredibly powerful healing food and I can't get enough!  For breakfast each day, I eat a handful of WALNUTS and a grapefruit (another wonderful healing food) and find that I stay full all morning long.  Additionally, my blood sugar levels are no longer on a roller coaster and my food cravings are gone.  


This is what Dr. Nan Lu says about WALNUTS in his book Traditional Chinese Medicine:  A Natural Guide to Weight Loss That Lasts:


"WALNUTS are one of the most powerful foods that you can eat whether you are participating in The Dragon's Way or not.  WALNUTS, like Chinese red dates, are used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as herbs as well as in foods.  Their essence is warm, and they are so healing for the kidney and the large intestine.  They can also help with lung problems and constipation, but are especially regarded in Traditional Chinese Medicine for their ability to strengthen and increase kidney Qi, as well as improve memory."


How to Toast Walnuts


In order to warm the essence of the WALNUTS and to eliminate any parasites in the raw walnuts, it is important to first toast them.
To do so, spread the raw walnuts in a single layer on a cookie sheet and put them in a 325 degree F oven.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Store in a covered container and enjoy!!


I think toasted WALNUTS taste terrific and are a fabulously convenient healing food.  I hope you will give them a try.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP